Due to its ancient origins, Massa Marittima is a place where history, art and culture mix together, offering an incredible variety of possibilities for the people who visit the area.
The Museum Network of Massa Marittima was born to protect these origins and at the same time to let everyone discover and enjoy its beauties.
The museums you will be able to visit are:
- the Archeological Museum
- San Pietro all’orto Museum Complex (Museum of Sacral Art)
- the Mining Museum
- the Chandelier Tower
- the Old Carpenter’s Shop
OPENING HOURS: These museums are open from Tuesday to Sunday 11h-13h / 15h-18h (Monday closed). The old carpenter’s workshop is open also during lunchtime.
From November to March they are open Saturday and Sunday 10h-13h / 15h-17h (l’ultima visita guidata al Museo della Miniera è alle 16:)
and two private museums:
- Marine World Aquarium OPENING HOURS: every day 10h-19h (from 1° June to 10° October)
- From 11° October to 31 May : Tuesday to Sunday 10h-13h / 15h-18h
- the Museum of Ancient Mechanical Organs OPENING HOURS: from Wednesday to Sunday 10:30-13h / 15:30-19h
Museums closed for restauration works:
- the Museum of Mining Art and History
- the Old Olive Mill